DIY Face Mask Tutorial + FREE Pattern! (No elastic or ties needed)
Happy Sewing! - XO Rosy ❤️
DIY FACE MASK | PATTERN INSTRUCTIONS
PRINTING: Before printing have page scaling turned off, or set to auto portrait/landscape. The pattern must be printed at 100% or it will be the incorrect size. Measure the Test Square before use.
- Cut 2 pairs of main fabric, cut 1 pair of the main interfacing.
- Cut 1 pair of earpiece using a stable knit fabric (ie. Ponte de Roma, Double knit)
- Fuse 1 pair interfacing, using the manufacturer directions, to 1 pair of main (This will be the lining).
- Pin 1 pair main with right sides together at the front, matching double notches, sew with a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance. Repeat with lining (Note: if you want to leave an opening for a filter you may do this now, by leaving a 1” opening at the middle of the lining seam).
- Press to neaten. Topstitch in place. Repeat with lining.
- Place the main pieces with the right sides together, pin along the top, then the bottom. Sew with a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance (Leaving the sides open).
- Using the side opening, turn the main piece with the right sides facing out.
- Press to neaten. Topstitch in place.
- Pin one earpiece to one main side seam, matching corresponding positions and stretching knit earpiece to fit if needed. Sew with a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance. Repeat on the other side.
- Press the seam towards the center of the facemask. Topstitch in place. All done! Enjoy your DIY masks, please tag me on social media with your beautiful mask recreations!
DISCLAIMER: This pattern, video, tutorial, and design, is not intended to prevent the transmission of any respiratory pathogens and should not be used in place of proper protective equipment. Rosy Pena, LLC, Rosy Pena.com, Rosy Pena Patterns.com, or Rosalinda Pena make no warranties that this pattern, video, tutorial, and design, is intended to prevent any transmission of pathogens. Any bearer or recreation of this pattern, video, tutorial, and design, understands it is only for educational purposes and assumes the risk of use.