DIY Scrunchies w/Bow Tie Tutorial + FREE Pattern!
Happy Sewing! - XO Rosy ❤️
DIY SCRUNCHIES W/BOW TIE | PATTERN INSTRUCTIONS
PRINTING: Before printing have page scaling turned off, or set to auto portrait/landscape. The pattern must be printed at 100% or it will be the incorrect size. Measure the Test Square before use.
- Place bow right sides facing, sew with ¼” (6mm) seam allowance, leaving a 1” opening. Trim the seam allowance. Use a safety pin and 1” opening to turn the bow with right sides facing out. Press to neaten.
- Fold the scrunchie along the crease-line with the right sides together and gently press with your iron. Sew along the long raw edge with ¼” (6mm) seam allowance, leaving a 1” opening. Use the safety pin to turn the scrunchie with right sides facing out. Press to neaten.
- Use the safety pin to secure the seam ends of the scrunchies together. Maneuver the safety pin and fabric through the 1” opening along the side seam. Carefully sew the round ends together using a ¼” (6mm) seam allowance. Gently turn the tube with the right sides facing out.
- Cut the elastic 7” long. Use your safety pin to secure one end of the elastic and maneuver the elastic through the 1” opening on the scrunchie, secure the other end of the elastic to the scrunchie, with a pin or wonder clip. Once you have both ends of the elastic out of the opening, overlap the ends and sew in place to secure.
- Topstitch the 1” opening closed. Tie the bow around the scrunchie and create a knot. You’re all done with your DIY Scrunchie! Tag me on social media with your beautiful recreations! @rosypenapatterns @rosypena